Thursday, March 17, 2011

(My favorite) Garage Sale #3 Transformation!

Ok... this is by FAR my favorite transformation yet...

This guy was $5! That's it!!! You can see on the far right of the trim around the middle how banged up and chewed up it is... Well I got my sweet old handy hubby in on this action! I even bought some satin bronzed black spray paint for the handles.


Before shots... (after I had taken off the handles)


...and...

TA-DA!!!
Isn't she purr-ty?! I primed her, the painter her an ivory satin spray paint and then did the glazing technique I learned with a wood stain instead of the ralph lauren tinted glaze.

Did you notice the trim? Yep.. we completely TORE OFF the old stuff and replaced it with some cute new stuff from Home Depot. (It's like $7-8 for about 7' ) I absolutely LOVE it!
I even roughed up the edges after painting with some sandpaper and THEN added the wood stain to give it more of an "antique" look.

I plan to use her as my nightstand in our room! Now, to find a matching one for the hub's side...

Our next project is to MAKE a headboard like this! Yes, we can do it.. it would be so easy and SO much cheaper than buying it from Pottery Barn!


3 comments:

  1. Great projects, Heather! I am dying to do some stuff like this, but living in a 3rd floor condo without a garage makes is seem like a big pain in the neck. Maybe when it's warm I'll do some spray painting on our back porch.

    Good luck with the move into your new house! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented! I want to go make me some cute stuff now...oh wait I need to have more room! That's exciting that you can decorate your house. I can't wait to see pictures of each room decorated!

    ReplyDelete