Saturday, January 14, 2012

A sneak peak!

So this piece has been a work in progress since September. Not because it's taken me that long to finish it, but because I have 2 kids under 3 and we live in Colorado. Weather sometimes doesn't cooperate when your "studio" is in the garage!

So I thought I would post a "sneak peak" to what I'm doing.

This has been my favorite piece so far... (besides my table and chairs)

I got this old Army Officers Dresser at a garage sale in my neighborhood for $15! I love it.

The lady said it's been in her family since the 40's. Whether or not thats true... :/ Its a good story.

I saw this idea on Miss Mustard Seed to Mod Podge sheet music to the dresser. I LOVED IT! I tried to find old music and for some reason, there's nothing at any of the Goodwills. So I found this book instead for $2.50 and went a different route.

The book is called " TIME Eyewitness: 150 years of Photojournalism"
It's an AWESOME book. I wish they had like 5 of them... I've been looking for them ever since.
With the dresser being from the Army and then the pictures added... wow.
It's turning out AWESOME!

My Grandma who is a professional interior decorator says I should sell it for $300-$400!!!
I don't think I can. I love it too much.

I'll try and finish it fast. Its suppose to be in the high 50's today!

I'm also taking a class today that I got for Christmas on how to use Annie Sloan paint.
I'M SO EXCTIED!
I have big plans for all the paint I'm getting today...



No comments:

Post a Comment