Saturday, January 14, 2012

My (free) piano!!!

**UPDATE: This piano is a LOOK-A-LIKE to mine in the garage. I have NOT painted mine yet. This is just the same upright with the same carvings and such LIKE mine. Again... this is NOT my handy-work."**

So THIS PIANO (minus the color...which btw I LOVE) is the piano I got off Craigslist for FREE!!! I found this on Pinterest! (Again... I love) It's posted on another blog. They did a great job with it! We found a ?sticker? on our piano that says it's a"commemoration of the 400th anniversary of Columbus coming to the America's" Yeah! I googled the piano and its' anywhere from 1895-1905. COOL HUH?! If we refinished it to it's original shape, it would be worth $13,000! The keys are made out of real ivory. Some are chipped and its totally out of tune and sounds like an old saloon piano, but it makes me love it EVEN MORE!
I have plans to do mine with Annie Sloan Old White paint and a dark wax. Don't you think it'll look AWESOME! This is my next project! I'm so excited for this class I'm going to TODAY to learn more about this paint. I get to leave in 2 hours... *sigh* TOO LONG! ;)



1 comment:

  1. Is this what your piano in your garage is going to look like?

    ReplyDelete